"Gensokyo. A land where the forgotten are given a second chance. Where the lost are found.
"Humans and youkai live harmoniously thanks to a pact: the Spell Card rules."
"But what happens when this peace is broken?"
"Visitors from another world threaten the stability of this land...
Take on the role of Reimu Hakurei, Shrine Maiden of Paradise, on her strangest adventure yet! Jumping? Turtles that fly out of their shells when stomped? Mushrooms that make you grow twice your size?? Surely, an incident is afoot!
This is a ROM hack of Super Mario World. A copy of the original game is required to play.
- Classic 2D Platforming gameplay
- A new, quirky story in the land of Gensokyo
- 14 exits to find! (Demo Version)
- Alternate costumes to unlock and pick from
- Balanced for veterans of Super Mario World
- CD quality music with use of the MSU-1 expansion chip
- tsuchinoko real
(Also here's just the .bps if you want to update without re-downloading the music)
This demo goes up to the stage "Stardust Reverie".
- You'll need two things in addition to the contents of the above zip file:
1. A ROM image of the original, unmodified US version of Super Mario World. You're on your own when it comes to finding that, but it shouldn't be hard.
2. A Super Nintendo emulator or flash cart with MSU-1 support. An emulator is a piece of software that lets you play Super Nintendo games on another device, such as a computer. The following emulators work with this game:
ZSNES does not work with this game. No modern ROM hack will work on ZSNES. If you're still using it for Super Nintendo games, it might be time to upgrade to one of the above.
In order to play the game on a real Super Nintendo (or a clone console such as the Analogue Super Nt), you'll need a flash cart with MSU-1 support, such as the FXPAK Pro. Those tend to be pretty pricy. (NOTE: As of the time of this writing, the game was not actually tested on real hardware, as I lack a flash cart. If anyone with one would like to let me know if the game runs correctly or not, please tweet at me.)
- Once you have all the required files, extract the zip file you downloaded from here into any folder you'd like. Both Snes9x and bsnes will automatically patch your ROM if you name it the same thing as the .bps file that came with this zip. Simply put your Super Mario World ROM in the same folder as the other files and name it "thsmw" (the extension should be either .smc or .sfc). Then you can open the ROM with the emulator. You'll know you did it right if you get a "Girls are preparing" screen at the start.
If you prefer (such as if you're playing this on a flash cart), you may also apply the patch in order to convert a Super Mario World ROM into a ROM of this game. You can do so on this page. Simply choose your original Super Mario World ROM for the Base File and "thsmw.bps" for Patch File. Download the file it outputs and put it in the same folder as the other files. Delete or rename the .bps file afterwards, or else you'll get an error message from your emulator every time you boot up the game.
- If you need further help, please refer to the readme.txt file included in the zip file.
SECRETS GUIDE - Check this if you're struggling with finding all the hidden stuff
If you have any questions about the game, please contact me via Twitter.
|This is a
derivative work of the Touhou Project. It is not affiliated
with Team Shanghai Alice in any way.
Touhou Project is property of Team Shanghai Alice. Super Mario World is property of Nintendo. All other works referenced are property of their respective owners.